Sunday 23 March 2014

He Is Risen

Both Easter and Christmas have their secular and religious celebrations.  I have embraced both, I'm totally on side with a resplendent tree loaded with presents, Christmas lights bordering on "tacky', and I just love chocolate bunnies or anything made of chocolate for that matter. Conversely the midnight Christmas carol service and Easter services at our church are very stirring and give deep meaning to the two occasions. Today I have an Easter card to share with you that celebrates more the religious aspect of Easter.

The card base is a Spellbinders die set. I cut all the dies and pieced them back together and then mounted them on white cardstock. The silver cross is from Crafty Secrets "Angel Blessings". The image is black and white and I printed it on white cardstock and then coloured it with copics. Next I painted the whole cross with a silver pearl transparent paint and when that was completely dry I took my stylus and embossed the back to create 3D. When you look at it you would swear you were looking at an actual sterling silver cross. The lilies are from Crafty Secrets "Easter Blessings". They are coloured with copics and fussy cut.

Thanks for dropping by

Cheers, Elizabeth


1 comment:

  1. This is such an elegant card, Elizabeth. I love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete