Friday 6 June 2014

DAD'S DAY

With Father's Day just around the corner I checked out Crafty Secret's "Car Classics" to find an image to make my Father in law a card. The more I work with digital images, the more I appreciate them. As Crafty Secrets sells out of their acrylic stamp sets they are making them into digital sets, plus adding new material. This has insured the same artistic vintage images they are known for. I overlooked the image I used for this card, as on the original acrylic it was quite small and difficult to make the focus image. It's now a perfect size thanks to digital.

 
The background is a sizzix eb folder, the rosette is a TimHoltz die, everything else is from Crafty Secret's "Car Classics". I coloured the retro salmon car scene with copics and I also used copics on the ribbon to insure it would match. My Father in Law had this car in this colour so it was a given. There are two deviations I made to the set. I cut out the sentiment in the key fob and printed in my own trying to match the print style and I cut the poles off the racing flags and mounted them on the black coloured toothpicks as they faced the wrong way to cross them like this.


Thanks so much for dropping by,

Cheers,

Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Another sensational Father's Day card, Elizabeth! I love the pressed metal background for this wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete