Tuesday 15 July 2014

Just Wing It

I thought I'd try a new challenge over at Splitcoaststampers. This week I made time to participate in the Technique Lovers Challenge. All my life I have been guilty of not reading instructions through to the end and this one was no exception. What we were supposed to do is stamp a scene, then die cut parts of the scene, and finally put them on the card in the same placement they would have had. I read the stamp and die cut part but left out the separate and place part!!!! Anyway I ended up with a card I really like.


 First I stamped the cupcake wrapper from Crafty Secrets "Cupcake Party" in silver and then embossed in silver. Next I used an Impression Obsession butterfly die to cut the butterflies from the embossed panels. I watercolured them with turquoise H2O's. The white lacy background is a Spellbinders die mounted on silver cardstock. The banner and all the sentiments are from Crafty Secrets "Born to Fly" again stamped and embossed in silver. I used a discontinued stamp set but the same set is now available in digital form. To finish it off I added some tiny silk bows dyed with the same pink H2O's as I used on the banner, and finally some rhinestones.


Thanks so much for dropping by,

Cheers,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment