Sunday 13 July 2014

Poppies

My brain took an unwanted creative holiday this week. I don't know if it was the heat  but I just couldn't think past the mundane. I knew exactly what to do with the main image. It was all coloured and the cut out images lined up on dimensionals but then the big, now what do I do with it. I played with background papers, ribbon placement, and embellishments for a couple of days then decided the card would be a big larger than normal and suddenly everything fell together.


I printed 5 copies of Crafty Secrets digital "Poppies" and cut the images with a Spellbinders die set in decreasing sizes. To line the poppies up perfectly I placed the images on a light box 2 at a time and lightly taped the die to the top image. It's coloured with copics and the aqua background is H2O's. The rust coloured bg paper is also cut with a Spellbinders die. All papers are Graphics 45.

Thanks so much for visiting me,

Cheers, 

Elizabeth 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Liz...I'm about to totter off to bed, but had to let you know how much I love this card! All the work you put into it was worth it. It's a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunningly beautiful, Elizabeth! Perfect alignment on your layered poppies and sensational embellishment with your delicate butterflies and pretty ribbon!

    ReplyDelete