Sunday 20 July 2014

Sunny Sunflower

It's been killer hot in Vancouver this past couple of weeks and whenever it's hot like this I think of sunflowers. This card was made for a Splitcoaststampers challenge this month at Dirty Dozen. The card that inspired me was a huge sun that was so big that it had to be cropped on two sides. I immediately thought how great Crafty Secrets "Sunflower" would look done like this. I enlarged it so that it needed cropping on 2 sides like my card inspiration.


I hauled out some of my mixed media products for this. The sunflower was printed off twice The main image was coloured with copics and the second copy was used as a mask. I used a damask background stamp to create the turquoise background. The edges were distressed. The copper layer was created by using a eb folder on a piece of plain white cardstock. Next I painted it copper. When that was dry I painted it with turquoise acrylic paint wiping off the top surface. When that was dry I daubed the surface with a darker copper paint. Lastly I added the little copper heart, leaf ribbon trim, and the other little decorations you see here.

Thanks so much for dropping by,

Cheers, 

Elizabeth 

2 comments:

  1. What a stunning creation, Elizabeth! Exquisite work with this gorgeous sunflower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Liz this is amazing! I love the color combo and the incredible embossing. It looks like a copper frame...stunning!

    ReplyDelete